I was greeted with an early Christmas present/April Fool’s joke this afternoon. A System Update notification appeared on my Droid Razr Maxx. It clocked in at a whopping 300+MB so I knew this had to be the one- Jelly Bean. I didn’t get to find out though, because Motorola pulled the update from their servers. Thankfully, someone saved the official OTA update package and I have hosted it here for you guys! Follow these steps to get Jelly Bean on your OG Razr/Razr Maxx.
- Download this file to your phone’s SD Card. (Click here for alternate download server).
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the power andboth volume up/volume down buttons until a boot screen appears.
- At the boot screen, use the volume down button to highlight Recovery. Then hit the volume up key to select it.
- When the Android guy shows up, press both the volume up and volume down keys.
- Select Install update from external storage and browse for the zip file you downloaded.
The update took me about 15-20 minutes to fully install. Once finished, you should see this in your settings: